The aptly and ominously named Samantha Power has been named as head of Obama’s new Atrocities Prevention Panel (APP) (h/t PJ Tatler). This is the selfsame Samantha Power that wanted U.S. forces to invade Israel to force a peace agreement on “the Jews.” Of note, Power is also one of the brains behind the ludicrous (and ominous) notion of Responsibility to Protect (R2P), a highly selective interventionist ideology that is sure to ooze out of every pore of every APP member.
As an example, R2P led to the US/NATO unseating of the weakling Khaddafi, allegedly to protect innocent Libyans, but is somehow not applicable to the powerful Assad to protect innocent Syrians. Thus, in the future, one may expect no interventions on behalf of (or even mention of) slaughtered Christians in northern Nigeria or Egypt, continued Sudanese violations of South Sudan or, for that matter, Jews terrorized and killed by Palestinian rockets. But Palestinians will continue to be coddled, and so will any other totalitarian entity which the Obama White House crowd finds admirable.
The Christian Science Monitor asks, with justification, whether this will lead to a more aggressive interventionist policy by the United States. If so, and given that the Obama regime is emasculating the U.S. military in every imaginable way, stand by for:
- hurried interventions with inadequate planning and resources,
- ridiculous rules of engagement resulting in lots more U.S. casualties and material losses,
- U.S. troops under the command of incompetents (still more casualties and losses),
- U.S. prisoners in the hands of very unfriendly folks, and set up for human rights show trials, with Obama and his ilk doing nothing to get them back, and
- many other internationalist “abortions” that can only be called as antidemocratic operations.
Worst of all, stand by for mass disgust on the part of large numbers of top-notch personnel and their exodus from the armed forces, and for too many “politically engaged” people remaining behind and seizing leadership positions by default or fiat. And, little by little, for the first time in U.S. history, a politicized military.
Talk about a nightmare for democracy!
Yet another excellent reason for Obama to go, and a through lustration of the U.S. administration.