I cannot imagine U.S. troops – the guys who, for a century now, fought all over the world in support of freedom – marching against their own people. Well, unfortunately, yes I can: after all, I did grow up in a socialist country, where such things are de rigueur.
So here’s an interesting headline for you:
This article ably summarizes the nefarious steps taken to destroy Americans’ freedom over the past several years. The beginnings of this trend apparently date back to the Bush era, but ever since the Community Organizer-in-Chief slithered into the White House, the trend has predictably taken off like a rocket. One of the most disquieting developments is hiding inside the latest Defense Authorization Act, which is being debated on the floor even as I write this. One of its provisions allows the U.S. military to wage war on terrorists anywhere in the world, including at home. That means the 1st Brigade Combat Team of the 3rd Infantry Division. The Third U.S. Infantry Division, that is.
This is on top of all the other FührObama outrages such as:
- the new FBI doctrine that even protests are a form of terrorism,
– the continuous attempts to muzzle free speech and free communication,
– the continuous attempts to make people defenseless by taking away their weapons,
– the new TSA dogma that even “acting haughtily” while being raped at airports by members of the Gestapolitano is sufficient cause to be hauled off and interrogated, and
– the Department of “Justice” doctrine that certain people need not be prosecuted because of their skin color.
And this is just a very, very short list.
So, now we’ve got ourselves all the elements of a real dictatorship. It is small consolation that the (apparently liberal) author of the article cited above bemoans the fact that:
I respect a “leftist” who has sufficient spine to admit that a “leftist” Prez is worse than a “rightist” one. But, to coin a phrase, I’d also like to kick his a$$ because all this was absolutely clear and predictable from the way the FührObama spoke and acted even before he was elected, from the way he speaks and acts now, and from the kind of people he surrounded – and surrounds – himself with.
As usually, the (apparently liberal) author of the above words will probably escape much of the trouble that’s heading this country’s way. It is the ordinary people who will suffer for his ideological blindness.